Whether it’s a doctor’s office, laboratory or hospital environment, you will definitely find a medical centrifuge there. Or it would be more appropriate to say that without centrifuges, hospitals or laboratories are imperfect.
Thanks to modern technology and innovation that we have such devices that help researchers, doctors and lab technicians to analyze reports.
Medical centrifuges are mainly used for testing liquids and substances like blood in order to diagnose some medical conditions.
Laboratory centrifuge is compact, appealing and adjustable to small places. Some centrifuges are made up of plastic while others are made up of metal. As per its size, it can hold glass test tubes or vials.
Therefore, big laboratories and hospitals always purchase big sized centrifuges so that they can generate more reports.
With the help of centrifuges, lab technicians can easily study viruses, nucleic acids, proteins, polymers and blood. Also, centrifuges separate serum from blood and plasma and solids from liquids.
Mostly, researchers and others prefer those centrifuges which have timer and they are available with lower or higher speed capacity. Some centrifugation requires higher speed in order to diagnose some critical medical conditions. Therefore, high speed centrifuges are required.
However, depending upon their speed, there are centrifuges that work more efficiently such as eight hundred revolutions per minute (RPM) and two hundred RPM up to sixty thousand RPM.
There are many types of centrifuges available in the market and they all have somewhat different purposes as per their sizes. Here are some of them:
Moreover, like every centrifuges, laboratory centrifuges work by the same principle. Yes, the principle of sedimentation. But, ultracentrifuges are those which are high speed units and they are generally referred as bench top units.
Above all, centrifuges help produce perfect analysis of medical conditions if they are maintained properly.
- Research laboratories have become part and parcel of everyday life. Whether you think about food products, chemical products, beauty items, pharmaceuticals, military and many more, one thing is common for all of these is laboratory shaker.
- All these industries need to research a lot before presenting any of the products to their customers.
- With the help of research, they can provide authentic and scientific report in order to prove that the product or the report is 100% tested and verified.
Criteria to choose laboratory mixtures:
- It is important for you to know the basics of choosing laboratory equipment Because, when we talk about mixture or shaker, there are many types of mixtures available in the market like laboratory mixtures, industrial mixtures and specialty mixtures.
- All these products are manufactured using different components including motors or air, magnets and variable speed controls. But, before you start looking for any of the laboratory equipment; it is important to exactly know the need of laboratory.
Otherwise, a wrong decision can harm more. These following points need to be considered firstly:
- Power supply source
- Container capacity
- Lab requirements for the duty cycles
- Torque and horsepower needed
Once you are clear about above mentioned points, you can go ahead with the type of container such as shaker, mixture or roller.
- Though all these products look similar in certain ways, each product has its specific amalgamation process.
- Scientific shaker uses vibrations along with tilting to complete the mixture of two liquids in order to provide the results in health-care laboratories. While mixtures use blade or small paddles in order to combine the substances.
Moreover, there are some basic features or characteristics that will help you decide which equipment is more suitable to your needs. Here are they:
- Made using industrial grade
- Should be light in weight for easy mobility
- Variable speed should be included
- Operations should be in continuation without making any noise
Thus, you can select any of the laboratory equipment (shaker, mixture or roller) following above mentioned points and produce desired and quality results in minimum time-frame in your respective fields.
- Centrifuges are costly laboratory equipment, it is essential to know what to consider when investing big bucks in lab equipment’s.
- Experts have recommended some safety measures for those who need to buy centrifuges for their laboratories.
- As centrifuges have specific usage for separating components in order to identifying specific results, one should check out following standard measurements before they make purchase of centrifuges.
- Check out if centrifuges have interlocks or not. It is highly recommended that purchase a centrifuge that has lid with interlock in order to prevent the user from opening its lid while spinning.
- Inner Safety lids: If possible buy those centrifuges that have inner safety lids for the rotor or bucket.
- if a centrifuge does not have latches, avoid purchasing this type of centrifuge as it may lead to tube breakable or other problems while processing.
- Moreover, one should verify if the centrifuge tubes are accurately balanced. Also, confirm if the tube length and the speed are in accordance to avoid any mis-happening in laboratories.
According to third party inspection, one needs to check the following important points:
- Design code
- Purchase order specification
- Purchaser’s standard
- Approved drawings
- Even more importantly, have time in seeing applicable codes and standards such as API 610, BS 7787.
- Thus, researchers or doctors can check out some measurements and standards codes for purchasing centrifuges depending upon their requirements.
- As centrifuges are available in different types, it is but natural that each one wish to identify some common features and characteristics that help them purchasing quality centrifuges.
- That’s why be cautious when it comes to high investment in centrifuges. After all, with the help of centrifuges, you are going to produce concrete reports.