- A centrifuge is an equipment which is driven by an electric motor that puts an object in rotation around a fixed axis thus applying a force perpendicular to the axis. the way the centrifuges works is by implementing the sedimentation principle.
- Here the denser substances are usually separated out along with radial direction. At the same time the lighter objects move to the top.
- A medical centrifuge is usually a laboratory centrifuge that is used for testing liquid samples and substances like blood.
- A centrifuge in a medical laboratory is quite common since it is a unique and useful equipment.
Functions and uses of a Medical Centrifuge:
- Medical centrifuges can be found in either a doctor’s office, a hospital or in a laboratory. These devices are of great value and are applicable in several different tasks.
- They are often used for the study of viruses, polymers, proteins, nucleic acids and blood. They are very useful in separating serum and plasma from blood and solids from liquids.
- The timers on the medical centrifuge comes in handy when used for extensive periods of time. It is in fact the high speed spin that makes the necessary difference and facilitates the process of separation.
- The medical centrifuge are capable of high speed though there are available in many different speed settings and the speed is usually changeable in each.
- A times it is required to use very high speed medical centrifuge devices. In such cases the devices also need to be fastened down to the table to keep them steady. Such units are often bench top units.
- These faster centrifuge devices are usually used for the disunion of gases to resolve molecular weight of obvious liquids. At times the substances consist of sensitive material and are governed by several climatic characteristics.
Types of Medical centrifuge:
- There are many different types of medical centrifuges available just like other medical devices. For example there are micro-centrifuges, plasma preparation, micro hematocrit, PCR, cytology, bench top and refrigerated centrifuges.
- Additionally centrifuges are also available in tabletop and floor standing models.
Benefits of a Medical Centrifuge:
- There are several benefits of a medical centrifuge. For example if your sample is sensitive to temperature it is necessary for you to maintain the necessary temperature levels of the sample in order for the readings to be of some use. In such cases by using a medical centrifuge that possess the refrigeration feature will work just perfectly.
- Many of the medical centrifuge devices have the feature where there is an automatic lid lock.
- It is highly likely that you are using the centrifuge for toxic or hazardous substances. in such cases this feature can come in handy. Additionally medical centrifuges also have other additional features like a system to guard against imbalance as well as over-speed running.
Speed of medical Centrifuge:
- Medical Centrifuges devices are usually capable of very high speeds which complements the requirements basically.
- The speed that is available often varies quite a bit like it can range from as little as eight hundred revolutions per minute up to a very fast two and a half million revolutions per minute.