All most every medical laboratory will have a Microcentrifuge device; the main reason being that there are many uses of Microcentrifuge device. It is very common for a chemical and biological laboratory to have one too. This is one device that is used to a great extent in such labs and for many other applications as well.
Since a Microcentrifuge is so commonly used, there are several types of them available. This article goes on to explain the subtle differences and special choices that you can make when need to buy centrifuge.
A Microcentrifuge can be used with a wide range of tubes. The tubes are usually special purpose ones and then there are also those for general purpose.
Here are a few tips that may come handy when selecting a tube:
- It is important to first make a note of the type of samples that will be used with the microcentrifuge, since different samples have different requirements.
- The tubes themselves can be straight or curved walled. They can also be with screw tops or pop tops.
- Their size can also vary like 0.5ml or 0.4 ml or even 0.2 ml. These are the small sized tubes and will usually require an adapter to fit in the rotor’s holes.
- The normal sized tubes can be like 5ml and even upto 50ml.
- Furthermore, there are several other special purpose tubes ls, like cryotubes, HPLC tubes, PCR strips, mcrotiter plates and hematocrits also called capillary tubes.
- The rotor essentially dictates the type of tube that can be used with the mircocentrifuge. However, you do have the option of switching between rotors in some microcentrifuge devices, but not all of them.
- The capacity of the rotors also vary. The capacity of the rotors can range from 24, to 30 and evey 48 standard size tubes.
- The rotors can also be special purpose ones to deal with the tubes that contain toxic substances. Rotors with special PTFE (Teflon) coating are available for high chemical resistance.
- The other type of rotor is the swinging bucket rotor. This one is good for density gradient centrifugation and size separation.
- The rotors also have a speed setting and different rotors have the ability to rotate at different speeds. Each rotor will usually have a rating which dictates the speed at which they can be rotated. There are also special safety settings that prevent the rotors from rotating any faster. For example, the 48 tube rotor has a lower rating than the 24 tube rotor.
Neuation’s Centrifuge Devices:
Neuation is leading the way in the development of microcentrifuge devices. In fact they manufacture several laboratory equipment and devices. They are experts in developing new and innovative products to suite the requirements of people using such devices.
The benefit of choosing the Neuation devices for your laboratory needs is that their devices are functionally and aesthetically sound. Since they develop several laboratory equipment and also have a research division, their devices are very efficient, fast, keeping with the technological changes and above safe to use.