It often happens that someone has no idea what is a Magnetic Stirrer. The fact is that the same process that a Magnetic Stirrer performs is possible via a manual stirrer and hence many may not have had the need for a magnetic one. Although both do have the same outcome they are used in different applications.
A magnetic stirrer is essentially a laboratory equipment which is used to create a rotating magnetic effect. But that is not all an additional bar magnet coated with plastic and a plate is also used. The plate is what contains the rotating magnet.
Main tasks of a Magnetic Stirrer:
A magnetic stirrer is a very useful device commonly found in laboratories. The main functions and uses are:
- It is commonly used for chemical experiments.
- The magnetic stirrer is invaluable in the biology research and processes.
- In the case you need to mix the components (can be both, either solid or liquid) to obtain a homogeneous liquid mixture the magnetic stirrer comes in handy.
- A manual stirrer can also do the same job however there is a big difference on the applications. For example there are some samples that take a very long time to process on a magnetic stirrer. In fact they take so long that they usually need to be left to their job overnight to save valuable day time.
The way it works is an external magnetic field is applied to the magnetic stirrer mix solution. This helps rotate the small magnet bar that is placed in the mixture (sample). The effect created on the by the fast rotating magnetic fields helps stir the sample. These are generally very small devices and easily fit in a small space in your libratory.
Benefits of using a Magnetic Stirrer:
- With a magnetic stirrer the risk of contamination is greatly reduced. The reason being that there is only a magnet that is placed inside the fluid sample.
- The magnetic stirrer can be used for processes that take a long time like protein dialysis.
Neuation to the Rescue:
Neuation is one place that offers good quality laboratory equipment and that includes Magnetic stirrer as well. Although this is a fairly simple device that can even be created my yourself in the form a science experiment there are several types of Magnetic stirrers. Some of the more popular magnetic stirrers are:
- Magnetic mini stirrer
- Magnetic stirrer with timer
- Battery powered magnetic stirrer
- Air operated turbine magnetic stirrer
- Heavy Duty Magnetic Stirrer
Neuation has a special team that is involved in Research and development. This team makes sure that the products we deliver are technically and practically sound and be adapted for large range of applications.