- Before you think of purchasing any piece of laboratory equipment, centrifuges are of course there. There are many types of centrifuges available in the market and they are of different prices.
- However, if you want to buy a centrifuge, some points to be considered seriously. Yes, this is for those who wish to purchase quality and authentic centrifuges to increase productivity of its usage and get the desired result out of your investment.
The following criteria will help you purchase quality centrifuge:
- It’s capacity! Firstly, thing about why you need to buy centrifuge.
- If you have full sized models or larger sample such as a plethora of 50 ml tubes, it is mandatory to check out the capacity of any centrifuge.
- Because, if its capacity is lower that what you require, it doesn’t give expected results. That’ why capacity of centrifuge is very important matter.
- Now the second most important point to notice while purchasing centrifuge is programmability.
- You may want to know why programmability. Since many centrifuges are programmable while many are not.
- If the existing application in your laboratory or clinic has variable speed and forces, then programmable centrifuges would be a great help. Otherwise, simply go for non-programmable centrifuge.
- G Force/speed is another significant noticeable point. The application which you are operating is updated, and then it is required for you to verify the speed/force of centrifuge.
- The reason is some economical centrifuge won’t be able to reach to your targeted speed.
- Moreover, ensure if centrifuge is having a rotor. As most of the centrifuges are sold without a rotor, do not hesitate asking to the seller if a rotor is included or not. Depending upon your requirements, you can choose feasible rotor for your centrifuge.
- At last, don’t miss verifying temperature control and voltage/plug of your desired centrifuges.
- Many centrifuges are available with refrigeration. In addition to it, check out if a centrifuge is compatible to your present electric supply or not.
- So, depending upon your requirements and budget, purchase the best quality centrifuges!